Sunday, October 7, 2012

60% off Rugs USA!

Last weekend, we decided that we have to, unfortunately, return our gray and white striped area rug to Crate and Barrel.  I'm so sad, I really, really love it!  The only problem is that the white part makes me nervous with what is going to be a high traffic area and we realized we needed something a little thicker.  I still think it's a great rug though, especially for a bedroom or sunroom.  Here's one of the wedding pictures that shows what we currently have (since I've already rolled it up!):

leilabrewsterphotography
 
Last Saturday, I went on Rugs USA to check out some alternatives since they typically have pretty amazing deals.  I found this trellis one (you've probably seen it before) that I think will work with our gray walls (BM Rockport Gray) and white wainscot.  I usually love the look of bold patterns, but because I like to change things so often, I decided to do something with a pattern that's a little more neutral. I figured it would give me more flexibilty for the future!
 
Rugs USA Homespun Moroccan Trellis Charcoal Rug
 
When I looked last week, the rug was about $300 or so... which isn't bad.  Luckily, because I waited until this Columbus Day weekend (totally not on purpose, haha), they were marked down even more to 60% off! You just have to use the code COL60.  Hurry up though, it ends tomorrow I think!
Actually, to be honest, if there's something you like, keep an eye on it, they have promotions all the time.
 
Showing the original price ($509.38) before 60% off!
 
The absolute BEST part about this rug is that it's 100% wool and cost me a whopping $203.00 (and free shipping!!) for an 8'6" x 11'6" size.  That's almost unheard of.  We were also able to check out through Amazon (where we use the Prime free, two-day shipping) so we should get it pretty soon.  I've never ordered from here before, just "window shopped", but when my girlfriend said she had good luck with them, I figured why not?!
 
Here are some other cool ones:
 
Rugs USA Homespun Inspire Charcoal Rug
Homespun Inspire Charcoal Rug
 
Rugs USA Homespun Moroccan Trellis Blue Rug
My girlfriend El has this in her dining room
 
Rugs USA Radiante Hearts Beige Rug
 
Rugs USA Homespun Atlantic Grey Rug
 
 Let's just hope after all this hype, I end up liking it in person! :)
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Never trust the Rugs USA % off sales. They frequently bump up their MSRP during a sale to make it look like they are offering a bigger discount , when in fact the prices don't change. Sometimes you can trust the 50% or 60% off sales. However in the occasional 80% off sales, the base prices are bumped up so you are often paying more than normal, not less. (This was confirmed by phone support when I called.) Many complaints on Facebook and Twitter about this shady practice, but the compant deletes the posts as soon as they appear.

    So I'd just advise ordering if you find a rug you like at the price you like - don't trust the % off claims. And also be prepared to keep it,as returning anything to this company is a nightmare - even if they send a damaged rug or the wrong rug.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...