Saturday, March 16, 2013

No Sew / No Drill Window Valance

The other weekend I did a whole lot of painting.  Not the fun kind though...I worked on our French Doors and as much trim as I could get to.  I needed a break but wanted to stay productive, so I ended up making a $0 valance for above the kitchen sink.  I had this fabric sample from over a year ago with the intention to make a valance out of it, but never had the time, so I just used it as a runner in the guest room.  So if you don't have a fabric sample "lying" around, go find a runner you like! It will probably be even easier since it's already sewn too!


I'm not the best seamstress so I cheated a bit... actually, a lot.   I had the iron-on tape from another old project, so I used that instead of sewing! I just folded over the bottom part about a 1/4" to 1/2", and the top part about 2".  Of course, this all depends on the size of your sample. I just eye-balled it. 


My original plan was to mount this rod above the window for the valance to hang from; however, our faux wood blinds aren't inside mounted, so the depth of the rod didn't work for me.  





Just when I thought I couldn't do it, I realized I bought the Command Strips the night before to hang the Wine Cork "N" I made for our wall gallery.  I only had one left, so I cut it in half and stuck it right on the top.






And that was it! I just stuck the fabric to the Command Strips.  It's been up for over a week and hasn't fallen down, ha! Who knew those things would come in handy?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...