Friday, January 3, 2014

Bedroom Update

Our bedroom was one of the last rooms to be updated and, although it still has a little way to go,  I figured I'd post the progress! Here's some of the original photos of the room:

View 1
View 1 with Brown Teepee Paint

View 2

View 2 with Brown Teepee Paint
View 3 Head Wall with Brown Teepee Paint
 For the longest time, the room just screamed "bachelor pad". Here's a real old pic, before I made a new headboard to replace this lacquer bad boy!


 Clearly, a new bed was needed and the nail head headboard I made to replace the old lacquer one (picture not shown) just wasn't cutting it anymore. So after a long, patient wait, I decided to order this one from Amazon back in the fall.  I was lucky enough to get a bunch of Amazon gift cards for my birthday, so I was able to use those towards the "grown up" bed!  We are HUGE Amazon Prime addicts, so this bed shipped to us for FREE! Gotta love it!


The Faux sheepskin rug is a recent purchase thanks to a Home Goods gift card I got from my in-laws.  Although my original plan was to get a larger area rug that would go under the bed, I ended up grabbing this smaller one to avoid the frustration of trying to get a big one under the bed! Not sure if I love it here though, I think a larger, cut pile one would look better. Thoughts??


We painted Rick's black nightstand white, added a door, and hardware to it.  I found my nightstand at Home Goods.  I saw this "snake skin" look online a long time ago and loved it, so I was thrilled when I stumbled across this at Home Goods on my way home from work.  I also found a smaller version at Target, but this was the perfect height and had more storage. The lamp is an oldie; from Christmas Tree Shop a while back, and I'm looking to replace it with this one from Ikea so I can use the other one in the Guest Room.


The Starburst Mirror above the bed was hand made by yours truly.  It's showing a little yellow in the photos, but is not that yellow in person.




When I repainted the Guest Room, I also painted our hallway BM Revere Pewter. Since I had a gallon or so left of that from the hallway, I decided to just paint our bedroom the same color since I was looking for a soft neutral anyway.  (One recommendation: when painting, especially a bedroom, be sure to use a No or Low-VOC paint.)  I made this mistake because I ended up having Lowes match the color to their Paint/Primer in One.  However, the smell was so strong, we had headaches from it! So always, always go with a NO-VOC paint!)

Under our TV, we have these dressers from Ikea. 


 I want to 'hack it' a little by adding some hardware to it and was going to buy these pulls from Ikea during my next trip down there. I think the gold would be nice to play off of the subtle gold accents in the room. After all, who says you can't mix gold and silver?!


Well, my friends, that's where we are for now.  I'll be sure to keep you updated as to whether or not the dresser hack was a success or fail!  Happy New Year!

K


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That was such an amazing transformation! I wouldn't have believed it was the same room, just by looking at the pictures. I love the sunburst mirror and the elegant upholstered headboard. Thank you so much for sharing all those pictures! I'm hoping that you're having a fun-filled December.

    Dante Storey @ The Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...