Sunday, January 27, 2013

Looking for a new Light Fixture

Yesterday, my husband said to me "You should look for a new light above the table".  This was music to my ears! I've been wanting to get rid of that ceiling fan for sooooo long because it barely gives off any light and it's not the most attractive thing.  Nothing beats eating dinner in the dark while your napkins blow away!  To be honest, I think he just wanted to have better light over the table for card games during the Super Bowl...but, hey, either way... I'll take it!  


Here's what he put in when he bought the house:




Here's my dream fixture that we can't afford (sigh...):

 Drum Shade Circlet Lantern
Circlet Lantern - $649

So we took a ride to Lowe's hoping to find something.  We found a fixture that coordinates well with our Kitchen fixtures.  However, I don't really want it all to be so..."matchy-matchy". They are a great Plan B, but I think I'm going to do a little more research before settling! I'm thinking down lights, mixed materials, drum shade...

Pendant above the Sink

Ceiling mounted fixture in the Kitchen
allen + roth 18-1/2-in W Galileo Brushed Nickel Pendant Light with Clear Shade
Coordinating Options
allen + roth 4-Light Galileo Brushed Nickel Chandelier   

As I strolled into the second Lighting aisle at Lowe's, I saw this gem! I was SO excited and immediately asked the employee if they carried the style below in different sizes.  I loved it but was looking for something "shorter" and "fatter" (for lack of better terms).  I had the poor guy look up every which way to see if this style was available in the size I was looking for, but sadly, it didn't.  With a price of $154, I knew it would be too good to be true!  


Checkolite International 3-Light Hulton Specialty Pewter Chandelier
3-Light Hulton Specialty Pewter Chandelier - $154




If anyone is looking for a fabric drum pendant, here are some affordable options I came across during my search:



Style Selections 17-in W Brown Pendant Light with Fabric Shade
Style Selections 17-in W Brown Pendant Light with Fabric Shade - $84.97

So worth buying for an apartment.  Boob lights are ugly and easy to replace.
Shades of Light Chevron Drum Light - $149


This is a potential option...
Stewart 3 Light Pendant

Crystal Base Pendant Chandelier
Crystal Base Pendant Chandelier - $119


 Trellis Linen Drum Shade Pendant - 2 colors
Trellis Linen Drum Shade Pendant



By the way, did anyone see that the Young House Love bloggers have their own Lighting Line on Shades of Light ? Congrats to them!!!






...and the search continues! Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...