Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Front Door Refresh

About a month ago, I took a Sunday afternoon to paint the front door. Since my husband did the siding, I felt this was the least I could do! Plus, we never touched the front door since moving in, so it was well overdue.

I've always wanted to use Benjamin Moore's Westcott Navy somewhere in the house, but decided the front door would be a good test!  With the beige siding, I thought it would be a nice contrast.  So I brought my swatch to Lowe's and had them match the color for me.  A quart was more than plenty.

 
Before









After...with a little siding to finish around the transom!





After





This mini-project took me no more than a few hours and really made all the difference.  Since we've been so geared on working on the house's interior, we kind of put the exterior on the back burner.  Painting the front door was a quick, easy fix that helped us inch our way to a little bit better "curb appeal"! 




2 comments:

  1. Excellent choice of front door color, it's smashing! I'm pretty sure that any person will be mesmerized if they walk in front of that eye-catching door. The brass door knobs and decor also add some elegance. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...