Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall: "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."

  Nothing makes the ride to work better than a crisp, fall morning with a hot pumpkin spice latte in your cup holder.  I'm so excited that this fall doesn't consist of any type of planning, so I started thinking about all the things I love about this time of year. 
 
1. Mums: There was a traffic jam on the highway yesterday when I left work, so I took the back roads home.  There is this cute farm stand that I always pass when I go that way and they always have great deals on flowers.  We (aka the Mr.) just finished siding our house, so I wanted to jazz up the front with some mums. I got 2 huge mums for $25 and they should bloom in a week or so.
 
 
2. Dark Nail Polish: Yesterday, a fabric rep came in and gave all the designers in our studio a fun dark purple polish called "Groovy".  It was so thoughtful and we love it! It got me excited to start going dark! 
Pinned Image
Dark Nail Color


Have an iPad or iPhone? Download the OPI app and you can find fun colors that match you skin tone from your phone! Works great for us indecisive ones!

 
3. Ombre Hair: Love me some Ombre locks, especially in the fall! I had my sister-in-law add some more highlights underneath my layers this past weekend and already can't wait to add more!
 
ombre hair
 
 
4. Wreaths: I love dressing up the front door with an autumn wreath, but last year I decided to move the wreath from the front door to the dining room table. This wreath cost me a whopping $10 from my second home, Marshall's.  The mercury glass hurricanes were only $5 a pop on clearance at the same Marshall's. Both were steals! I actually used the same hurricanes at our table on our wedding day. The wreath is nice and full and would have cost a ton more somewhere else.  My only suggestion is putting a runner or a glass candle dish underneath the wreath so you don't scratch your table.   Here's an old pic from last year!  (sorry it's a little grainy)
 
 
In place of a traditional wreath, I've been drawn to the whole monogram look for the front door.  Check out these finds...
 





 
5. Pumpkins: Of course, when you think of fall, foliage and pumpkins come to mind! Rather than carving pumpkins, why not add a fun design with some paint instead? All you have to do is log on to your Pinterest and you'll find tons of pumpkin ideas! Here's one I saw yesterday...
 
 
6. Candles: You really can't go wrong with Yankee Candles (I love Autumn Wreath and Trick or Treat).  However,  they can get pricey.  I've noticed that Home Goods sells them sometimes and they were less expensive. Actually, I've also fallen in love with the 3 Layer candles from Wal-Mart! 
The best part is, they are only $5 for an 18 oz. jar and smell amazing! Who knew?
 

 
7. Scarves: I heard on the radio this morning that scarves are the best way to transition from your summer to fall wardrobes.  My Nonna makes the best scarves ever and I'll definitely have to post those for you to see. But for now, check out these cute Ikat scarves I just found Old Navy's website for $8!

 
Old Navy Ikat Scarf

 
8. Pumpkin Spice...ANYTHING!


"Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes"
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...